How I hate profiling, (having been profiled by age, among other things)..... I see it as such an easy pothole in which to foil forward progress.
Mr. Obama got my 73-year-old woman's vote. All the same, I will proudly wear my "Hillary for President "apparel, because this statement needs to be made: Men (black men included) were enfranchised well before women were, and yes, now, have succeeded in ceiling-crashing.
But, until gender as a "negative" measurement of qualification is put away once and for all (just as finally race seems to have been packed out) there will be those for whom profiling's "final frontiers" are the eternal holdouts. Such lame excuses, prejudices and "gotta-reject-something" (a.k.a. mindless choicemaking) will leave skidmarks on the underpants of history.
This old dame's proud to have rallied 'round the future, however frightening it may become. At least the vote counted and, right or wrong, I got to contribute my bit.
And that includes my contributions toward Hillary's campaign.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment